Slow Art Day
free activity with a museum entrance ticket
Now in its fifth edition, Slow Art Day is an international event encouraging people to look at and appreciate art “slowly”, putting a frenetic world on pause and allowing time for contemplation.
HOW DOES IT WORK
– Register: please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Saturday 11 April, 11.00 A.M., appointment at the museum infopoint. Together with your museum entrance ticket you will be able pick up a kit that MAXXI has put together for the occasion.
– Explore, observe and contemplate the suggested works. Dedicate at least 10 minutes to each one.
– Forget the baggage of artistic notions you walked in with: what is important is what the work transmits to you and only by observing it slowly will you make certain discoveries…
– once you have completed the museum visit a special guide will be waiting for you at the infopoint. You will be able to identify yourself as a participant by wearing the sticker you’ll find in the kit.
– We’ll then get together in the bar or museum restaurant to freely discuss what we’ve seen.
Find out more about International Slow Art Day