Go back to studying at MAXXI!
From 19 May 2020 onwards, the Museum Library reopens to the public from 9 to 23 December and, after the Holidays, from 7 January. Opening hours: Tuesday to Friday in two daily shifts 11:00 am-3:00 pm and 3:00-6:00 pm.
To ensure safety, the stations are arranged in compliance with the regulations in force and it will be necessary to book by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking is possible for the very same day and the next one.
Access is allowed only if wearing a protective mask, gloves for handling volumes or documents of any kind and upon passing through a thermal scanner.
With us, you can rest assured!
MAXXI ensures daily general cleaning and sanitising in all the library’s rooms, including the furnishings and technological equipment, and it will provide a disinfectant liquid detergent dispenser.
- measures the body temperature passing through the thermal scanner
- use the protective mask and don’t take it off when you’re indoors
- use gloves to consult the available bibliographic material
- maintain a safety distance of at least 1 m from one another
- use disinfectant gel
The Architecture section brings together international specialist publications and periodicals with particular attention paid to material from the XXI century. It has been enriched by a loan collection, freely available to users for consultation from the shelves and not present in the on-line catalogue.
The Art section documents art from the 1960s to the present day and features over 10,000 titles including exhibition catalogues, monographs, essays, dictionaries, artist’s books and specialist periodicals on contemporary art, museology, photography and museum teaching. It also boasts a cuttings service that brings together indexed articles from some of the best-known Italian periodicals.
In the spacious reading room, visitors may consult national and international OPAC catalogues, specialised art and architecture databases and the American Jstor database that allows entire articles to be consulted online.
The expansion of its collections is ensured by attentive and continuous acquisitions and exchanges with the leading national and international museums, institutions and contemporary art galleries. The library is associated with the National Library Service (SBN), the network of Italian libraries promoted by MiBACT, the regions and the universities and coordinated by ICCU.
The Library can be accessed with myMAXXI card/biblio, valid for a whole year at the cost of €10
Discover many exclusive services:
• reduced entrance fee to the museum at all times.
• unlimited access to the Library from Tuesday to Friday from 11:00 to 18:00 (until full capacity)
• direct browsing of over 10,000 art titles and a wide collection of international architecture periodicals and publications.
• reading rooms with internet desks for bibliographical searches
• reference service: assistance and guidance for ‘open-shelf’ searches, in the online catalogue and databases.
• loans from different libraries and ILL SBN documents in order to browse volumes that are not in the library
• photocopy service for library users under the applicable copyright law.
• free WiFi connection
For further information: